Setting up your brand new email address in Outlook is not as tricky as it sounds. With the right information in hand, you will breeze through the setup process.
After you have purchased your email hosting service, you will receive an email from Sitefoundry. In this email, you will be provided with a link to see your new mailbox in Dash. This page will contain the following information you need to note.
- Your new email address and password;
- Incoming and outgoing mailservers; and the
- Incoming IMAP and outgoing SMTP ports.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we are going to configure your mailbox using IMAP and we will be using the secure ports, also known as encrypted, SSL or TLS ports.
Once you have this information ready, open Outlook and follow these steps.
- From the File menu, you will see the Account Information section. Here you can click on the Add Account button.
- You will need to specify that you wish to setup your account manually.
- The next screen will ask you for that information you noted down earlier. Just make sure that you properly select IMAP as your protocol with the correct ports, set to secure.
- That’s it! Three steps is all it took to configure your new mailbox on Outlook.
If you get stuck or find that Outlook isn’t playing nice with you, our Helpdesk would be delighted to help get you setup.